Visiting Crete in autumn can turn into a special holiday experience! The sea remains the dominant element, yet you will find equally fascinating the mountains and fertile plains on the island. This is the ideal time of year to explore the wonders of Cretan nature, hike on Mt. Psiloreitis, cross breathtaking ravines and visit its caves. Fall invites us to leave the beach and head towards the inland; visit picturesque traditional villages, beautiful vineyards next to olive groves, feel the magic of nature and see its awe-inspiring historical monuments. So, this month:
· let’s experience autumn in wonderful Crete
· let’s explore Rethymno, wear our helmet and go road or mountain biking - just pick any from the list of 22 routes for all levels
· let’s visit the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, a recently renovated museum housing relics from the Minoan Civilisation
· let’s take a romantic stroll down the Venetian harbour of Chania and be seduced by its historic and architectural charm
· let’s get an idea about Google’s Grow Greek Tourism online project that started in Crete, supported by Visit Greece #fall4crete campaign
· let’s watch Visit Greece’s new video titled “Moments in Crete”.
In Crete, autumn is the summer’s worthy rival. Choose this time of year for your holidays on the island and you won’t regret it!